Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All That Stuff Underneath All Those Other Stuff.

Traditional: an inherited pattern of thought or action.

I forgot I had this dress. I bought it for this party (dresscode was maxi floral dress) and I wouldn't have normally though just 'cause no maxi dresses fit me usually. It's really rare for me to find one the right length. This one is way too long for me (still. and probably will always be if I keep not growing at this pace) so I've never worn it out except for that party. Even with heels, it's still long. Anyways, I was looking through my clothes the other day and decided to do an outfit post with this dress! I actually love it and would wear it out, if only I could grow an extra inch overnight fit in it. It's very "spring" like, you know? The trick with maxi dresses is that I think a lot of people don't feel comfortable with wearing it because traditionally long dresses are worn to formal occasions and now more and more people are wearing it casually as well.

(Zara floral maxi dress, Naima red mary jane platforms, Zara ribbon belt)




The round metal ring is a birthday gift from a friend.

Platforms are like shoes for people that want heels with more heels. I love platforms. Heels just seem like flats with platforms. I guess its also to my advantage since I'm a dwarf relatively short so I can't go wrong with them.






Ciao,
Tammie.

"And I will make thee beds of roses, And a thousand fragrant posies."
- Marie-Antoinette, Queen

5 comments:

  1. I love that dress so much, the colours are so pretty and of course you can't go wrong with florals! That's a bit annoying it's too long, but at least that means you can wear it with heels! I'm not that tall but all maxi dresses I try on are just that little bit too short so I can barely wear flats let alone heels with them! =)
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for commenting! this dress is so pretty, it reminds me of spring. i really like your shoes too, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for commenting! this dress is so pretty, it reminds me of spring. i really like your shoes too, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Be sure to leave your thoughts and comments :)

Love,
Tamara

 
© Tamara Suprobo Putri, Word[Ad]Dict 2011. All rights reserved. Borrowed photos must be linked back to this page.